Baleroc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vulgaris

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Baleroc   Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 am

I sure do feel sorry for those healers!

We had the right idea last night, we just need a few tweaks.

I think the sweet spot with our DPS is 12-13 stacks of Torment.

We will still go with a 3 healer set up and 1 tank.

1 Healer will be dedicated as both "Shard Healer" and "Decimation Blade Healer".

This basically means that 1 healer will constantly be building stacks of Vital Spark until Decimation Blade hits, and will then switch to the tank
and drop bombs to top him off, then return to stacking Vital Spark.

The other 2 healers will be rotating back and forth from the tank and shard soakers moderately stacking Vital Spark.

To facilitate the "Shard Healer/Decimation Blade Healer" getting a large size of Vital Spark stacks we have a few options to start. We can
Bloodlust and have Amayepain go into tree form for instant cast direct heals, or have a feral druid / ret pally take the full duration of the shard
with out damage reduction cooldowns. This should give the "Shard Healer/Decimation Blade Healer" a very large jump on the Vital Spark buff
before the first Decimation Blade hits.

Below is a rant from the forums. I looked at a bunch of threads and they mostly say the same thing and this guy hit the nail on the head:

we just killed it for the 2nd time tonight.

i find it just silly that you would two tank this fight for any reason whatsoever, especially if you are hitting the enrage timer

you are micromanaging healing assignments just a little too much.

the way we worked it is i would focus on trying to get as many casts in on shard soakers through the flame blades (especially so at the beginning). We have classes with survival cooldowns (feral druid with surv instincts and pally with magic dmg reduction cd) soak the first crystal so they get up to 15 torment stacks or so which lets you build vital spark stacks extremely rapidly

i would leave my other healers to just heal the tank and heal a shard target when they were at high torment stacks so they could get multiple spark stacks with little effort, but basically they were focusing mainly on the tank.

Basically i would just hope that between the other 2 healers it would be enough to keep the tank up through inferno blades, which it absolutely is (especially early on in the fight). now all you have to do is to have your "spark healer" dump his sparks right when decimation blades roll around. the fight is paced pretty well where if you get blazing glory popped at the beginning of the decimation blades you have plenty of healing power to get the tank from 10-100% in 2-3s, then it wears off in time for you to resume building stacks off of torment targets during the inferno blades.

just to give you an idea i ended the fight with about 130 stacks of vital spark, something like ~%650 increased healing. my other healers had between 40-60 stacks i believe, which is key. if you dont have someone getting really high spark stacks you wont have enough of a buff on the tank during decimation.

so to reiterate: have one healer focus on getting HUGE vital spark stacks, one tank the fight, have the "spark healer" dump his stacks at the start of decimation blade, heal the tank and continue building stacks after decimation blade once the 'big' blaze of glory falls off. your other healers will be getting sparks here and there (there's no reason multiple people cant heal shard targets and build stacks) so it will be enough to keep up with the tanks increased health pool during inferno blades while your "spark healer" goes back to building sparks fast.

if you do the fight this way you want to end it with a minimum of 100 stacks of vital spark by the end of the fight on your spark healer.

its always important to remember that there is no reason why multiple healers cannot heal the same shard target to build stacks simultaneously, its just important you leave one person to heal shards full time so they are constantly building stacks (since you cannot build stacks when you apply blaze of glory to a target)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

Something i saw that you didnt mention was using raid cooldown to help out healer during those times when there may be a lapse in stacks. whats your thoughts on raid cooldowns.
Back to top Go down
Vulgaris

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 pm

there is never a lapse in stacks, vital spark stacks never go away, only go up...there is never a reason a healer with vital flame buff is not on the tank. as for the raid cooldowns, we just have to wait and see what classes we have the night of the raid. druid and shammy (our main healers) don't have a "raid cooldown" that is useful for this fight unless i'm forgetting something.

we just need to have a healer that is primarily on shard soakers the entire fight except during decimation blade or when a quick top off of the tank is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkelf

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 pm

is Tree form a raid cooldown?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vulgaris

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 am

yessum, it changes a way a bunch of spells works while active, specifically regrowth...it's going to allow ama to build stacks quickly because it's instant cast while tree form is active...but it's very heavy on mana.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 am

Ok sound like we have alot of fun coming our way tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baleroc   

Back to top Go down

Baleroc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stolen Souls :: Firelands-
Jump to: